Who we are
Our website address is: http://isclarity.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In order to better provide you with product, information and services provided on our Site, ISC may collect personally identifiable information: such as your First and Last Name, E-mail address, and Phone number.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through ISC’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on this Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a contest sponsored by us; (c) signing up for special offers; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Your participation in any ISC survey is voluntary. No personally identifiable information is ever shared. You are entitled to ask that part, or all, of the record of your involvement in the survey be deleted or destroyed.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. Personal information is defined as any details that will enable you to be identified, such as names, email address, IP addresses, telephone numbers, or addresses. When designing and executing our research, it is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information you provide is processed fairly and lawfully. Only authorized staff has access to personal information, and they are obliged to respect its confidentiality. All of the information that you provide will be treated as confidential. Your comments will not be identified as belonging to you, instead they will be combined with those gathered from other survey participants, and will be analyzed as part of a group.
Use of your personal information
ISC collects and uses your personal information to operate its website and deliver the services you have requested. ISC may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from ISC and its affiliates.
Sharing information with third parties
ISC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Automatically collected information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by ISC. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the ISC website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Right to deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records, and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipate within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, exercise another right provided by the law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable sooty internal uses the are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Changes to this policy
Children under thirteen
ISC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
From time to time, ISC may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from ISC, you may opt out of such communications by emailing email@example.com.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the policy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Institute for Strategic Clarity
65 Old Bay Road
Belchertown, MA 01007 USA
Effective as of September 1, 2020.